Q. I have missed my periods after sexual intercourse. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Aug 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2019

My last date of the period was last month. Usually, I have an improper cycle (one month miss). We had intercourse after almost a month and I took Ipill on the third evening. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I read your message. Actually, chances of pregnancy are negligible as you have irregular cycles. As you said you took Ipill on the third evening, so in the next 3 to 4 days you should expect your periods. If in case of periods does not occur, then do a blood test (serum BhCG ) around 11th to 12th day.

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full »

Why am I not getting my periods after taking Z pack?

Query: Hello doctor,My last period started a month back. The next week I was on a Z pack for a throat infection. I have not gotten my period this month. I am 7 to 10 days late. Took six different brands, etc. Pregnancy tests are all negative. What could be causing this late period? I am under a lot of stre...  Read Full »

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full »