Q. I took Meprate but still have not got periods. Why?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

I want to know about the missed periods. I had sex two months back, and I got my periods after 12 days. I have not got my periods after that, and I consulted a physician. She recommended me Meprate 10 mg. I took Meprate for five days but have not got the period till today. For the first time, I have this missed period, so I am a little bit worried whether I am pregnant or not. I also read about the implantation bleeding that there are no heavy flow as in regular periods. When I got periods, I had a heavy flow and also clots and only for three days. Please suggest to me whether I am pregnant or not. Thank you.

#

I have gone through the description you provided, but specific details are missing and are required to identify the problem.

• Can you tell me from which date to which date did you take Meprate tablets, whether single daily or twice daily dosage? It usually may take up to two weeks after stopping the Meprate tablets for periods to come.
  • When was the date of your menstrual period in the previous months?
  • Were your previous menstrual cycles always regular?
  • Did you have any recent stress or weight gain, or excessive acne breakouts, or unwanted facial hair growth?

If you want to rule out pregnancy for sure, the ideal would be to check your urine pregnancy test. If that is negative, then definitely it is not pregnancy. Also, if there was no sexual intercourse after your periods, the chances are usually less if your cycles have been perfectly regular previously. If it has been more than 14 days since you stopped Meprate and still have not got periods, you should recheck your urine pregnancy test. If that is also negative, you should consult your gynecologist for further evaluation with ultrasound and other hormonal tests to look for the cause of the delayed periods. Please feel free to consult me anytime with any additional questions or doubts. Have a nice day.

|