Q. Could you look at my mole and give your suggestion?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2020

I have a mole that has grown a lot and has changed its shape and color. It has also developed a lot of different shaped blood vessels inside it. I have taken a few good images showing the mole close and the various blood vessels, which are running though it. I am now pretty worried after searching in the online that my images do look very alike to the malignant lesions. Could you look at them and tell me what you think?

#

• Yes, you need to consult a dermatologist as the features are suggestive of malignancy. The final diagnosis could only be made on histopathological examination, which is considered as a gold standard.
  • Many times, benign lesion also has the appearance of malignancy. But, if on histopathological examination no malignancy gets detected, then there is no need to get panic.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I appreciate your answer. Can you tell me in your opinion when looking over my images what features do you think are suggestive of malignancy? Is it the blood vessels? Or are there any other features that point towards malignancy? Do you think this looks like amelanotic or hypomelanotic lesion?

#

• According to me, it is going in favor of amelanotic lesion.
  • The following are the features that made me think of malignancy.
  1. Blood vessels.
  2. Asymmetry.
  3. Mild erythema.

|