Q. Could you look at my mole and give your suggestion?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2020

I have a mole that has grown a lot and has changed its shape and color. It has also developed a lot of different shaped blood vessels inside it. I have taken a few good images showing the mole close and the various blood vessels, which are running though it. I am now pretty worried after searching in the online that my images do look very alike to the malignant lesions. Could you look at them and tell me what you think?

#

• Yes, you need to consult a dermatologist as the features are suggestive of malignancy. The final diagnosis could only be made on histopathological examination, which is considered as a gold standard.
  • Many times, benign lesion also has the appearance of malignancy. But, if on histopathological examination no malignancy gets detected, then there is no need to get panic.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I appreciate your answer. Can you tell me in your opinion when looking over my images what features do you think are suggestive of malignancy? Is it the blood vessels? Or are there any other features that point towards malignancy? Do you think this looks like amelanotic or hypomelanotic lesion?

#

• According to me, it is going in favor of amelanotic lesion.
  • The following are the features that made me think of malignancy.
  1. Blood vessels.
  2. Asymmetry.
  3. Mild erythema.

| 

MRI spine showed intramedullary mass at T4. Is it a cyst or malignancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an MRI of the thoracic spine and it showed an intramedullar mass at level T4. I was told it is likely to be a cyst and is not malignant. However, everything I have read online says that intramedullar lesions are almost always malignant and cysts are rare or maybe evidence of MS,...  Read Full »

The mole on my arm has two different brown shades. Give me your opinion please.

Query: Hi doctor,I have got a mole on my arm that measures 5 mm and is flat. I have always had this mole. I have not noticed it changing and it has not bled or itched. I am a bit concerned though that it has two different brown shades in it and would like your opinion on it, please.  Read Full »

Is it normal to have a neck dissection just by suspicion of malignancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have 4 enlarged cervical lymph nodes in my neck. Two are cystic and have calcification inside. There are also 3 small nodules on my thyroid. Two are about 2 mm and one is 6 mm. All blood and thyroid tests came back normal. Full body PET-CT showed no abnormal activity in thyroid or lymph...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»