Q. I take Olanzapine. Why am I having headache, cramps, nausea, and bad morning sickness?

Dr. Philip Shenouda

I have headache, cramps, nausea, bad morning sickness, back pain, hunger, feel light headed. I am taking Olanzapine and Zyprexa.

#

The symptoms that you mentioned are common side-effects of Olanzapine (Zyprexa). Please, do your best to tolerate the side-effects especially in the beginning of therapy (if you just started taking the medicines) as in some situations the side effects decrease in intensity by time. I strongly advise you not to stop this medicine or skip doses as it is extremely important to stick to its dosage and continue to follow up with your doctor.

|