Q. I am seeking your help regarding my MRI report. Kindly guide me.

Dr. Rajyaguru
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2021

I am suffering from the seizure disorder. I am seeking a neurologist help on my MRI report. I had two episodes of seizure before three years and then, no episode. I had Folic acid 150 mg and Sodium dilunte 300 for the last three years. For the last two months, I am not on any medicine.

#

I have analyzed your MRI brain report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It suggests that there is damage to your brain in the anterior basal (front-base) part. In medical terms, gliosis (central nervous system damage) and encephalomalacia.
  • The other condition noted in the scan is that just below the base of the front part of the brain we have an empty bony space which is lined by a thin layer of tissue and that tissue is infected. Possibly, the infection has traveled from that space to the base of the brain.
  • This is what seen in the scan. This alone does not decide the treatment.
  • The treatment is based on your symptoms. If you have a cough or cold or sinusitis now, then you need a course of higher antibiotics to clear that infection.
  • If you do not have any symptoms, then you need to improve your general health and boost your immune system so that the longstanding chronic infection goes away.
  • To improve that you can do daily physical exercises and meditation regularly and that will help surely.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|