Q. I am under treatment for multiple sclerosis. Should I avoid masturbation?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I had my first attack one month ago. I felt weakness in my left arm, hand, fingers, left leg, foot, and toes. Also, I cannot control my finger movements. It kept getting worse every day until I could not move my ankles and my toes. I had a cortisone course of eight days. It got finished a week ago. And now, I am having immunoglobulin therapy. I am getting better every day, and now I can move my ankle and toes. My question is, will masturbation affect me at all? I am currently taking three medications Vitamin D3 as Cholecalciferol, Neurobion as Vitamin B1, B6, and B12. I took a lot of blood tests, MRI scans, and CT scans.

#

I am sorry to learn about your condition, and I am glad you are getting good treatment. I wish you all the strength you need to lead an everyday life despite your MS (multiple sclerosis). As to your question: Masturbation does not affect your MS whatsoever. Of course, compulsive masturbation, especially combined with prone, can cause hyper-arousal states that can be a problem in a marriage. But at the age of 16, moderate masturbation is not a problem. Also, not when we consider your MS. So feel free to release your tension sometimes.

Please stay strong.

The patient has MS and is worried that masturbation could have an impact on his MS.

1. Anxiety due to MS.
2. MS.

Moderate masturbation is fine, also with MS.

No prone masturbation.

Any time you want. I am here for you.

|