Q. Is Taro-Mupirocin a recommended for healing burns?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

My friend got boiling water thrown on him. Will Taro-Mupirocin help the burns go away or help him in healing the burns?

#

I do not think Taro-Mupirocin will be much effective. Instead of this, you may use Silver Sulfadiazine ointment which helps to relieve the burns and give a cooling effect also to much extent. Also, apply a lot of ice over the burnt area. Ice application helps to heal much faster. Take some anti-inflammatory consisting of Ibugesic (Ibuprofen) and Serratiopeptidase combination to relieve the pain and inflammation.

|