Q. Are my muscles twitch, loss of appetite, and hoarseness of voice because of anxiety?

Dr. Aida Quka

I am experiencing muscle twitching throughout my body for the past two weeks. I feel weak and lost my appetite. Muscle twitching is involving my facial muscles also. I get twitches even during sleep, which make me stay awake. My muscles are weak and trembling. My voice is so hoarse. Once I clear my throat, my voice is clear.

My doctor said this is anxiety and my blood work showed a deficiency of vitamin D. Also, lymphocytes were low on the blood test.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern, and I would explain that your symptoms are not suggestive of any severe medical disorder.

Anxiety and vitamin D deficiency can cause muscle twitching.

Regarding your change in voice and mucus, I would recommend performing a throat swab (bacterial culture) for possible infections, including streptococcus infection. I would also recommend checking thyroid hormone levels.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards.

|