Q. I have pain in my right leg, and I am diabetic with an HbA1c of 7. 3%. Please suggest a treatment.

Dr. Radha P H

I am a 51-year-old female. Since last year, I have been a type 2 diabetic patient, and I got my sugar level tested at the beginning of this year. It was 7.3 percent. For the last two months, I am having pain in my right leg below the knee, making it difficult for me to move, sit, and walk. Kindly suggest proper treatment and advice. At present, I am taking Eliptin M one tablet every day. So again, kindly suggest proper treatment for getting relief from my pain.

#

7.3 percent HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) is slightly high. Try to make it less than 7 percent so that you can achieve better control. Your leg pain can be either myalgia or neuralgia. Have you tested your TFT (thyroid function test), LFT (liver function test), and CBC (complete blood count)?

For the time being, I suggest you Aceclofenac Paracetamol drug and some vitamin supplements.

• Tablet Pregabalin 75 mg at night will reduce the pain, which you can take for a month.
  • Tablet Zerodol P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) morning and night (after food).
  • Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) morning and night (one hour before food).
  • Tablet Evion LC (Levocarnitine and Vitamin E) in the morning.
  • Tablet Renerve plus (Multivitamin) at night.
  • Calcium tablets daily.

You can take Glyciphage 500 mg (Metformin) after dinner if you take Eliptin M (Teneligliptin and Metformin) in the morning or vice versa so that sugar level also does not increase.

Take these medicines for a week and follow up.

|