Q. Is it possible to treat myopia of power +1. 5 with medicine or exercise?

Dr. Shikha

My son is detected with hypermyopia with power of +1.5. Can it be cured with medicine or exercise?

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

What is his age?

| 

Age is 17 years 10 months.

Dr. Shikha

#

With medicines or exercise, it cannot be cured. He should use glasses or contact lenses. Otherwise, can go for refractive surgery also but once his refraction gets stabilized.

| 

If I do not wear spectacles for an hour,will it increase my eye power?

Query: Hello Doctor, If I do not wear spectacles for an hour everyday, will it increase my eye power or damage my eyes?  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse and doctors say myopia cannot be cured. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,Before two years, my eyesight was perfect. But during that time only because of me using phone late night it started declining and now its R= >-2.25, L = >-2.00. I used '>' because I am currently not able to see that clearly with my current glasses. Within the span of three yea...  Read Full »

I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?  Read Full »