Q. Is it possible to treat myopia of power +1. 5 with medicine or exercise?

Dr. Shikha
Published on Oct 13, 2019

My son is detected with hypermyopia with power of +1.5. Can it be cured with medicine or exercise?

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

What is his age?

Age is 17 years 10 months.

Dr. Shikha

#

With medicines or exercise, it cannot be cured. He should use glasses or contact lenses. Otherwise, can go for refractive surgery also but once his refraction gets stabilized.

If I do not wear spectacles for an hour,will it increase my eye power?

Query: Hello Doctor, If I do not wear spectacles for an hour everyday, will it increase my eye power or damage my eyes?  Read Full >>

Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. Ideally speaking spectacles should be worn always. However, not wearing spectacles for one hour will not cause much increase in eye power. Hence no need to worry. But make sure you do not forget to wear your spectacles and do not strain your ey...  Read Full

My eyesight is getting worse and doctors say myopia cannot be cured. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,Before two years, my eyesight was perfect. But during that time only because of me using phone late night it started declining and now its R= >-2.25, L = >-2.00. I used '>' because I am currently not able to see that clearly with my current glasses. Within the span of three yea...  Read Full >>

Dr. Souhad
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Adolescent myopia is a condition that we come across in ophthalmology, and it is considered physiological, but specific approaches should be maintained and other pathologies to be excluded such as disorders in the macula that might be mimicking myopia. The first step...  Read Full

I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?  Read Full >>

Dr. Bhavna
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Myopia is a refractive error. The change in your refractive correction should be checked every six months to note any progression/improvement. Even a fundus examination is necessary. The refractive correction needed can be given either via spectacles or contact lens...  Read Full