Q. How to prevent headache in myopia?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from myopia. My vision has been degrading continuously and I have continuous headache. It disturbs me so much while studying. What should I do? Will it continue or it can be prevented cautiously?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Myopia is the most common refractive error at your age.
  • At 17 years, progression of refractive error or your glass numbers is expected. So, do not worry. As your height grows, so does the length of eye ball in some cases.
  • Please continue reading. Take precautions to read under good illumination to avoid headache.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »