Q. I had right-sided neck pain followed by tingling and weakness in right leg. Will I recover from this?

Dr. Tejash Patel

I am 21 years old. Last night, I had right side neck pain followed by tingling in the right leg and weakness. The situation got worse, as my whole body was weakened and jaw pain.

Next morning I got up, I was feeling little better from the last night, but still I have some neck pain, shoulder pain, tingling (right leg), jaw pain and weakness. Please help.

#

I want to know regarding history of weight lifting, any jerk or trauma? From your history, it is most likely due to muscle spasm.

Hot fomentation. Diclofenac gel or spray for a local application. Tablet DAN MR (Diclofenac 50 + Clorzoxasone 250 + PCM 325) two times a day, tablet Deflazcorte 6 mg two times a day after meal, capsule Omeprazole 20 mg two times a day before meal. Start for five days.

Avoid weight lifting. Avoid bending.

Follow up after five days with x-ray if not improved with medication.

I did not do any weight lifting. Neither any trauma, injury or jerk. But after waking up yesterday, I had side neck pain (nerve pain) which last all day and during the night I experienced symptoms started by right leg tingling, arm weakness, shoulder pain, chest weakness, and jaw pain. Today after getting up, I am feeling a little better but tingling, weakness, and jaw weakness continue. I am very scared. Please help.

Is it just a muscle spasm or pinched nerve or radiculopathy? Will this recover or get worse? Will it lead to things such as loss of bowel control or paralysis? Is this chronic and happen again? Can I recover from it fully? Please help.

#

Welcome to iclniq.com.

You will recover, from your history, it seems to be a muscle spasm. We can start with medication for five days and look for an x-ray. Please do investigation MRI sos, if not relived with medicine, and how your progress after five days. I will also suggest you physiotherapy after five days. Do not be afraid, things are not that serious as you think like loss of bowel control and paraplegia.

spasm

1.xray cervical spine and l.s spine ap and lateral view
2.MRI la spine with screening whole spine sos only if needed will tell you if needed.

cervical and lumber spasm (acute back pain under investigation)

continue as described above

avoid weight lifting,bending,long journey

I will start the medication from today for five days, as you have prescribed.

#

Take the medication properly. You will get well soon.

| 

Why am I having shoulder pain radiating to arms and hands?

Query: Hello doctor, There is shoulder pain going into arm and hands. It intensifies with moving the neck.  Read Full »

How can I cure muscle spasms and pain in back, neck and leg?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. I have been experiencing muscle spasms and pain in the back, neck, and leg since 10 years intermittently. I am currently undergoing physical therapy and chiropractic. However, I wanted to consult from a naturopathic perspective on what can be the root cause of...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Approximately 4 months ago, some mild pain started in my right shoulder joint but i have not taken it seriously. It started bothering me since end of February and it was slowly worsening. I daily travel by crowded trains, approximately 25 km to my workplace and back. By middle of Mar...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Spine Surgeon Now