Q. My neck is too stiff, and it constantly pains due to a pinched nerve. Please help.

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have neck pain on the right side of my head just below my ear that makes my neck extremely stiff and constantly burns/aches. The initial injury was caused by an exercise I was doing in therapy that was intended to strengthen my upper back. When I did this exercise on my own time I overdid it and caused this injury. I have been to the doctor and they told me to ice and heat it and take medicine to reduce swelling like alieve or Motrin. These suggestions did not work. The pain just came back. When my neck pain first started I had numbness throughout my arm and I thought it was an arm injury. Eventually, I figured out it was neck pain and I did some research to conclude It was a pinched nerve. Then I started to rest my neck and the numbness went away but the pain and popping in my neck have stayed consistent. Throughout my injury, I overworked it a couple of times. During these times my pain was undoubtedly the worst its been plus during these times the numbness came back.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

Yes, it sounds like a pinched nerve in the neck and I will recommend that you continue with the antinflammatory tablets and in addition take pregabalin 75 mg twice daily to help with the nerve symptoms.

Only do gentle neck range of motion exercises and give this two to three weeks and the symptoms will die down for to to start neck strengthening exercises.

Mind you that the pregabalin can make you sleepy but that will wear of in a couple of weeks

|