Nerve Impingement

Why are my feet tingly?

Query: Hello doctor, Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) had been normal, there is possibility can be: Muscle fatigue. Ligament or soft tissue injury pain. Mild neuropraxia due to some soft tissue injury, which is not evident in NCV. Radiculopathy. I would like to...  Read Full »

Suffering from insect biting like sensation on the index finger. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor,My father is 71 years old. He had two stents ten years back. He has no BP or diabetes. From last 20 days, he is suffering from right index finger sensation like insect biting and then feels depression in right side chest like something release. It is not continuous. It is happening around ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending upon your description of the problem it seems most likely that your father is having some neurologically related problem regarding the affected area. Most commonly the nerves in the wrist might be the culprit especially a nerve known as a median nerve. The...  Read Full »

How can I rule out ALS?

Query: Hi doctor, About five weeks ago, I started feeling some weakness in my left leg. I have consulted my family doctor and a neurologist. All physical tests showed no actual weakness. There were no other clinical signs and the reflexes were also normal. There is no activity or movement that I cannot do....  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various symptoms you have described are due to L5-S1 moderate broad left paracentral disc protrusion mildly distorted the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and abutting without displacing the traversing nerve roots. When a disc prolapses and compresses the spinal c...  Read Full »

Lifting a heavy object caused a severe stabbing pain in my back. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old female. Yesterday, I picked up a large heavy object. All of a sudden, I felt an excruciating pain in the center of my back. It almost felt like I was being stabbed in the back with several knives. The pain was so severe I could not get back to my feet. It took me alm...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. Your symptoms are suggestive of a spine problem like disc prolapse, which might cause a compression of the spinal nerve, leading to a sharp stabbing pain. I suggest you take tablet Gabarich (a combination of Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin) 150 mg on...  Read Full »

I had a tingling in my left foot. Does this sound like MS?

Query: Dear doctor, For a couple of weeks, I had a tingling in my left foot (under the pinky toe). Then one day after, the sensation was positioned in my right foot. It lasted for about two days, and then I had no symptoms. Now after a week, suddenly while reading, I notice the (vague) tingling sensation ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not suggestive of MS (multiple sclerosis). So, you should not worry about this disorder. An electrolyte imbalance or a pinched nerve could lead to such complaints. For this reason, I would recommend performing some tests if the problem persists: ...  Read Full »

What does my lower back MRI indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a lower back pain for the last couple of years. It all started after I lifted a stone at a cricket ground. A little amount of physiotherapy helped after the doctor's advice. I have consulted three doctors in two years and a doctor advised MRI this week. My doctor is out unti...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is showing herniation of an intervertebral disc that is displaced from its position and impinging in the nerve. However, this is only an MRI...  Read Full »

Having pain in left leg, burning sensation in left foot and numbness in the left foot. What it could be?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old woman with dull pain in left leg and heat sensation in left foot, which is on and off throughout the day. The problem has been there for the past two to three weeks. I do not recall any injury, which could have led to this problem. It just started suddenly. The heat s...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned heaviness in your left leg along with burning sensation, which we call as paresthesia. Also, you have mentioned that you have back stiffness since many years. So, I presume that there could be some nerve impingement and that may be causing these symp...  Read Full »

What can be the cause of pain in the upper back and neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I was advised to take Naproxen, Gabarich 300 mg and Pantop 40 mg for my upper back and neck pain. Can you please tell me if Gabarich is a painkiller and with what to substitute for Naproxen and Gabarich for pain in my upper back and neck? I must remind you that I am on antidepressants.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruth Agustin

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints of upper back pain and neck pain point to a musculoskeletal cause, probably a muscular spasm. However, it would be prudent to check for other causes such as osteoarthritis and nerve impingement, initially through X-rays. Naproxen belongs to a family of ...  Read Full »

How to proceed with the treatment for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor,My back is burning and the pain is extreme. I have been diagnosed with a pinched spinal nerve and arthritis in my shoulders. How to proceed further?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You have mentioned a burning sensation in your lower back region along with pain. Also, there seems to be a nerve compression at one of the spinal levels due to which you must be having symptoms in your legs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Anyways to st...  Read Full »

Why do I get thigh muscle numbness?

Query: Hi doctor, My uric acid in blood shoots up to 7.9. I do not have the problem or gout or kidney stones. How to reduce it? I have already started to drink lemon water the whole day. I have attached the photographs. I have only knee pain, which is at the backside of the knee while climbing up and down...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stated that you do not have any symptoms suggestive of gout. There are ways to keep your uric acid value in low levels. General recommendations are as follows: Decreasing intake of red meat, alcohol, rice in your diet and other purine rich sources. Also incre...  Read Full »