Q. Can vitamin D deficiency cause pain while closing hands?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2019

I have vitamin D deficiency. My treatment and supplement is going on. I feel too much weakness and lethargy. I cannot close my hands completely. My hands pain while closing. There is numbness and tingling in fingers all the time. It is more in the night and when I get up. Light objects get dropped from my hands. I am having these problems since two months. Currently, I am having Uprise D3, Meganeuron OD plus, D1000CAL, Oxetol XR 150, Lupirtin, tablet Pregabalin. Since, there was no effect with the treatment, I am advised to consult a neurologist. Please help.

#

• Vitamin D deficiency will not cause pain in closing hands and neither tingling sensation.
  • The next step would be to do a detailed neurological examination by a neurologist to find out the structures affected such as brain, spinal cord, nerves, etc. Only then, we can think of the possible etiology or cause.
  • After clinical examination, you would require MRI of brain and spine along with nerve conduction studies to reach a diagnosis.

Revert back after the investigations to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|