Q. Why do I feel swollen feet and numbness when they are not so?

Answered by Dr. Lokesh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Nerve Pain or Vitamin B12? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Why do I feel swollen feet and numbness when they are not so?

I am having issues with my feet. I feel that they are swollen and numb, but they are not swollen and also there is no discoloration. I do not have any chest pain, lightheadedness, dizziness, shortness of breath or any unusual pain and ache anywhere else. This usually happens while sitting down or lying down on the couch. It goes away when I stretch my toes out or walk. I play basketball twice a week. I am taking vitamins B12, C, E, potassium, garlic and fish oil on a daily basis. I have looked these symptoms up, but nothing matches completely with what is on the internet. I also have noticed a hard lump or knot in the middle or bottom towards my toes, where the numbness and swollen feeling starts. I think this might be something else. Please help.