Q. I recently noticed a small lump beneath my nipple. Is this normal for a 13-year-old boy?

Dr. Gerardo David
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 08, 2021

Hi im a 13 year old boy. I have recently noticed a small lump beneath my nipple and was wondering if this is normal? The lump is not too hard but not soft and the same time. Kind of rubbery. I haven’t noticed any other changes so far.

#

Good Day, I am Dr. David.

Since when did you exactly notice the lump? Did it grow in size since then. Any change of color on the skin over the lump? Did you notice dimpling of the skin over it? And is it painful when you touch it?

I would also like to know if you have relatives that also had this?

If most of your answers are "yes" i suggest to say to your parents that you have to see a surgeon right away to be evaluated.

If not i will still suggest you to see a surgeon, but you can take your time. Lumps should be evaluated properly and will be treated accordingly depending on the physical findings. Base on your findings it might be a lump of fat cells that formed. But still a good evaluation would tell us more.

Thank you. If you have further questions you may message me here.

Suggest to do a breast ultrasound

Suggest to undergo a sugery consult.

|