Q. I am a nursing mother and my nipples are cracked. Please advice.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on May 31, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2019

I have cracked nipples that have failed to heal for the past five weeks. I am a nursing mother, and I am not able to feed.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Please apply Purelan 100 (Lanolin) to the cracked nipples and express the milk to prevent engorgement and feed the baby that milk (store in hygienic conditions) along with some top feeds if required. Reduce the latching of the baby to enhance healing. Till you have healed completely feed the baby expressed milk and top feeds. I hope this should help.

| 

Please explain about the physical findings and pathophysiology observed in breast cancer.

Query: Hi doctor, What are the physical findings seen in breast cancer? Please explain about the pathophysiology observed in breast cancer.  Read Full »

Suspicious cancer in my breast scanning report. What are the symptoms of breast cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, Suspicious cancer in my breast scanning report. What are the symptoms of breast cancer? The report mentioned there is a relatively well defined hypoechoic mass with small calcifications at periphery. There is no necrosis. Suspicious cancer. No enlarged axillary node. BI-RADS 5.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some medicine to improve breast milk.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old married female. My baby is 40 days old. I am unable to breastfeed her. Please suggest me some medicine to improve my breast milk.  Read Full »