Q. Is it normal to have nausea and stomach pain after taking Panadol?

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma

I am a female, 27 years old, 50 kg, 162 cm. Just before sleeping at 11:30 AM, I took two Panadol advance pills and one Muscerol 3 pill altogether. I have not eaten for the last five hours earlier. Later that night, I woke up around 2 AM feeling nausea which lasted for a few minutes. Since then, it has been three days feeling upper stomach pain, especially in the morning. This pain vanishes once I am eating but returns mildly afterward.

Other important information. It was the first time I am taking Muscerol 3. I am not a person who takes heavy medication regularly. I take Panadol pills when I am feeling very sick only. I do not have a previous diagnosis of ulcers.

#

The drugs that you mentioned all contain NSAIDs. These drugs are known to damage stomach mucosal lining and cause gastritis. I would suggest to minimise these drugs. You can use some over-the-counter antacids like Pantoprazole or Ranitidine available at stores along with syrup Gaviscon for a couple of days. If symptoms persist, you should get yourself examined by a gastroenterologist locally.

Thank you so much.

#

You are most welcome. Get well soon.

|