Q. Can you please help me interpret my NT scan report?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

I am a 44-year-old female. After my three miscarriages, I am 13 weeks pregnant now with IVF treatment. I have got my NT scan with double marker blood test.

The results are as follows: Biochemical Trisomy 22 risk: 1:249, combined Trisomy 21 risk. Using NT & Other parameters: 1:946. Trisomy 18 risk using NT: 1:10000. PAPP-A: 4.97 mIU/mL and Fb- HCG: 30.9 ng/mL. Crown Rump length: 70.3 mm, Nuchal Translucency MoM : 0.99, Nasal Bone: Present, Nuchal Translucency: 1.74 mm

Is my report fine? I am really worried.

#

The NT (nuchal translucency) scan levels of nuchal translucency are normal with NT < 2.5 mm.

However biochemical trisomy 21 risk is high but the combined NT+ biochemical risk is low at 1:946.

You may upload the picture of the cutoff graph for a convincing opinion regarding whether you would need amniocentesis for karyotyping confirmation or not.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

This is the graph I have got in my report. I have attached it herewith. Please advise.

#

I have seen the graph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the bar is well below the cutoff line.

Hence there is minimal or no risk for the child to be triatomic.

There is no requirement of amniocentesis for karyotyping.

However, a quadruple test may be repeated at 15 weeks of gestation as protocol.

| 

When is double marker test indicated?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife is 28 years old and is in her 13th week of pregnancy. We had an NT test a couple of days back. The NT was 1.7mm. Trisomy 21 had an adjusted scale of 1:3428. Our doctor has advised us to go for a double marker test. The results will be out in two to three days. Is a risk of 1 in ...  Read Full »

Are my NT scan and dual marker test showing any risk in pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years and in my 13th week of pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and acheived through ICSI. I had my NT scan and dual marker test was done a week back. The results for the same are NT: 1.10 mm, CRL: 68.2 mm, PAPP-A: 0.18 MOM/0.66 mIU/ml, free beta-hCG: 46.5 ng/ml. I have bee...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»