Q. Can you please help me interpret my NT scan report?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

I am a 44-year-old female. After my three miscarriages, I am 13 weeks pregnant now with IVF treatment. I have got my NT scan with double marker blood test.

The results are as follows: Biochemical Trisomy 22 risk: 1:249, combined Trisomy 21 risk. Using NT & Other parameters: 1:946. Trisomy 18 risk using NT: 1:10000. PAPP-A: 4.97 mIU/mL and Fb- HCG: 30.9 ng/mL. Crown Rump length: 70.3 mm, Nuchal Translucency MoM : 0.99, Nasal Bone: Present, Nuchal Translucency: 1.74 mm

Is my report fine? I am really worried.

#

The NT (nuchal translucency) scan levels of nuchal translucency are normal with NT < 2.5 mm.

However biochemical trisomy 21 risk is high but the combined NT+ biochemical risk is low at 1:946.

You may upload the picture of the cutoff graph for a convincing opinion regarding whether you would need amniocentesis for karyotyping confirmation or not.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

This is the graph I have got in my report. I have attached it herewith. Please advise.

#

I have seen the graph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the bar is well below the cutoff line.

Hence there is minimal or no risk for the child to be triatomic.

There is no requirement of amniocentesis for karyotyping.

However, a quadruple test may be repeated at 15 weeks of gestation as protocol.

|