iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologynt scanCan you please help me interpret my nuchal translucency scan report?

Please explain my nuchal translucency scan report.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 1, 2017
Reviewed AtJuly 12, 2023

Patient's Query

I am 13 weeks pregnant. My nuchal translucency report read 'small linear septum noted along the left lateral aspect of gestational sac synechia, and no fetal part is seen near the septum.' What does this mean? Is it a critical problem? Please help.

Answered by Dr. Garima Sawhney

This is not inside the fetus. This will not harm the fetus. If this has not troubled your pregnancy till now, it should not trouble you in future also. But, if it troubles, then it might lead to a miscarriage. Nothing can be done for the same at present.

Thanks.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Garima Sawhney
Dr. Garima Sawhney

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy