Q. I am having pain in spine, upper back and numbness in fingers. Kindly advice.

Published on Jul 20, 2018

I am having pain in the spine and upper back, light knee pain and lot of numbness in fingers. I have arthritis condition for nearly two years. Had initial knee injury in ligaments through bed corner hit. Had once the high pain in the knee subsided thereafter. The condition is mainly because of excess driving in the past. I am takin Ayurvedic Dr. Ortho tablets and oil since last four days. Homeopathic treatment has just started.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

The symptoms you have mentioned are that of neuropathy especially numbness and you also have a mechanical backache. If you can buy use following medicine, but with the consent of your specialist doctor:

1. Tablet Etoshine MR (Etoricoxib)after lunch.
  2. Tablet Revlin MSR (Methylcobalamin and Pregabalin) 75 bedtime.
  3. Capsule Pantop D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) before breakfast.
  4. Capsule Lumia 60k (Cholecalciferol) weekly for eight weeks.

The medications will help all your problems. If possible take a glass of milk at bedtime.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

Is it due to the arthritic condition? Should I visit the hospital or clinic for a checkup? Which doctor should I see? Orthopedic or neurologist? Suddenly, since last one week, I am having back pain, upper back, shoulder, and spine.

#

The only arthritis of inflammatory nature which affects back is spondyloarthropathy which is characterized by back pain during the night which is relieved by the activity and you have not mentioned any such complaints. Visiting a doctor in person is not bad because one can examine the patient.

Why does my penis feel numb?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 190 cm and weight is 85 kg. I do exercise with weights regularly. I have noticed that I have reduced feeling in the skin on my shaft. I cannot feel normal touch, but I can feel the pain if I pinch it with my nails. To best describe it; it feels li...  Read Full >>

Dr. Raman Tanwar
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a localized numbness that we are bothered with. Disease starting from this region without any other associated symptoms is quite rare and without them we may not think of a systemic pathology right away. Have you tried nerve tonics? I suggest back strength...  Read Full

Why is there diabetic neuropathy in spite of being on insulin?

Query: Hello doctor, Although my mother is on insulin for 7 years, she has diabetic neuropathy and some complications since one week. Also, the doctor tried but the complications are not going.  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the age of your mother. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication seen in patients who have long-term or uncontrolled diabetes. It may not be completely reversible. However, talk to your doctor about taking Vitamin B12 supplements and Gaba...  Read Full

Can herpes cause feet neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed feet neuropathy, primarily the right foot from the past one year. The symptoms went away six months back but returned a month back (burning, tingling, etc). I suffer from high blood pressure and anxiety. The neurologists could not find the cause after all tests. I tes...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is less likely that your symptoms are related to herpes. Herpes infection does not usually lead to such a clinical situation. Besides, a positive test does not always indicate an active infection. The fact that your tests resulted in positive means that you have g...  Read Full

Ask a Rheumatologist Now