Q. Kindly suggest the OCP to be used for long-term in PCOS.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Which OCP is better for long term use in PCOS? Krimson 35 or Crisanta 21, as my endocrinologist prescribed Krimson 35 with Glyciphage 500 twice a day for six months and my gynecologist prescribed Crisanta 21 with Glyciphage 500 twice for two years. I was very confused and started Krimson last month but I have been continuously bleeding from 5th to 6th day after starting Krimson and it is not spotting. It is flowing kind of bleeding. Sometimes, heavy bleeding. Please suggest. I should have started Crisanta. Should I switch to Crisanta from next pack? Which one is better for hirsutism and weight control? I have hair growth on the chest and stomach, weight is 64 and height 5.8.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Both Krimson 35 and Crisanta 21 are used in PCOS for long term regime. Please check if you are taking the pills at the same time or missing them? Any vomiting, diarrhea, fever in the last few days? As per various studies, Krimson has shown better control over hirsutism and acne while Crisanta has a better effect on weight control. So, it depends on what symptoms are you concerned about? As per figures, your BMI is around 21, so it is within the normal range. The irregular bleeding shall subside with regular pill usage. For heavy bleeding, you may use tablet Tranexamic acid 500 mg thrice a day for two days. It reduces the flow.

|