Q. I have body and penile irritation. Is it safe to take Ofloxacin?

Dr. Sreejith Mg
Published on Oct 26, 2018

I have body irritation and irritation in the penile area. I have body weakness and pain in the back and waist. I have a mild fever and malaise. Please go through my reports. Suggest me a suitable treatment plan. I want to know an answer. Is it safe to take Ofloxacin 400 mg for a longer time?

Dr. Sreejith Mg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on the reports, it is probably prostatitis. If there is no improvement with a short course of antibiotics, then it can be chronic prostatitis or recurring prostatitis. In such cases, you can take a course of antibiotics orally for six weeks. You can take Ofloxacin orally for six weeks.

Thanks a lot.

Dr. Sreejith Mg

I have nausea, loss of appetite and stomach pain. How to get better?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been nauseous for nine days. I am traveling to a different state. I am feeling full since the last one day. Then I lost my appetite. It came out of the blue. Then I started having diarrhea, not straight on, but it will skip days. Then the day before yesterday, I had a half brown ...  Read Full »

My son throws up every time he has milk. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, My son is three and a half years old. From the past 12 days, he vomits four or five minutes after drinking milk. This happens only in the mornings. He is fine if he drinks it at night. Please suggest a cure.  Read Full »

Can Terbinaforce Plus cream be used for ringworm infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »