Q. What is the dose and duration for ofloxacin in infants?

Dr. E Venkata Ramana
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Please let me know the dose and duration for ofloxacin in infants with authentic studies.

#

Thank you for your query on icliniq.

• There is no authentic data of studies on the safety of ofloxacin in infants.
  • But the dosage is 15mg/kg/day in two divided doses orally.
  • It is being given in infants below the age of 1 year in routine practice in some selected infections such as urinary tract infections and bacterial gastroenteritis with reasonable safety data.

Hope I have answered your query. Consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

Any advice on going off low dosage bipolar medications?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 56 year old male. I was diagnosed bi-polar, as part of an attempt to save a failing marriage and took a low dose of Carbamazepine (200 mg) and Lamotrigine (100 mg) for about six years and during that time felt fine. During another relationship that I should have ended much s...  Read Full »

Will the medicines prescribed for anxiety affect my routine life?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I had panic attacks and anxiety for the last 1.5 years. It does not happen daily, but twice in a week. My BP and BPM will be increased due to palpitations, and I sweat a lot. Hence, I visited a psychiatrist yesterday. The psychiatrist has suggested me to take D Veniz 50...  Read Full »