Q. What is the dose and duration for ofloxacin in infants?

Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Published on Oct 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Please let me know the dose and duration for ofloxacin in infants with authentic studies.

#

Thank you for your query on icliniq.

• There is no authentic data of studies on the safety of ofloxacin in infants.
  • But the dosage is 15mg/kg/day in two divided doses orally.
  • It is being given in infants below the age of 1 year in routine practice in some selected infections such as urinary tract infections and bacterial gastroenteritis with reasonable safety data.

Hope I have answered your query. Consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Any advice on going off low dosage bipolar medications?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 56 year old male. I was diagnosed bi-polar, as part of an attempt to save a failing marriage and took a low dose of Carbamazepine (200 mg) and Lamotrigine (100 mg) for about six years and during that time felt fine. During another relationship that I should have ended much s...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. As you can see both of your psychiatrists agree that the dose is too low to have any efficacy and I agree with same as 100 mg of Carbamazepine and 25 mg of Lamotrigine have no value in the treatment of bipolar diso...  Read Full

Will the medicines prescribed for anxiety affect my routine life?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I had panic attacks and anxiety for the last 1.5 years. It does not happen daily, but twice in a week. My BP and BPM will be increased due to palpitations, and I sweat a lot. Hence, I visited a psychiatrist yesterday. The psychiatrist has suggested me to take D Veniz 50...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Those drugs are for panic disorder. They are approved for these indications. They are safe. It will not affect your classes. If it causes any drowsiness (very unlikely), then you can consider reducing the night dose to half of the prescribed dosage. Please consult your sp...  Read Full