Q. Can I become addicted to sex from taking Vitamin E and Olanzapine for over three years?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2020

Can I become sex addicted from using vitamin E 1000 iu for over 3 years now with olanzapine 15mg for my second episode of schizophrenia? I find myself masturbating daily though I'm not having any physical sex yet. Also, I want to know when exactly can I be allowed by my psychiatrist to begin to reduce my dosages to try withdrawal from these 2 drugs? I entered remission 3 years ago and I had expected that by now I'll have been being tappered off antipsychotics because I read something like that online and also my psychiatrist said she'll put me on tablets not injections because it will be easier to withdraw from than injectables when I began using the drugs after my last episode. And I have fully recovered from positive and negative symptoms - making me curious if I'll ever be asked to stop using the drugs.

#

thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. no, you will not become a sex addict due to some medication. you can do masturbation once in a day. it is a normal frequency. you should try to taper off your medication as you are stable on it for more than 3 years. you are on tablet olanzapine 15mg and stable. you should take tablet olanzapine 10mg for another 6months and watch for symptoms of schizophrenia. if you do not have any relapse on tapering olanzapine then you can try to further taper off to 5mg. you should take for 6months on the same dose. if you do not have any relapse then you can stop medication in future. otherwise, you have to take medication for almost a lifetime. I hope that you get your answer. please let me know if you want some help. thank you.

|