Q. Will taking oral contraceptive pill with Myoinositol not contradict each other?

I would be very grateful if you help me with the following question. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis two years ago, had two failed IVF protocols. It seems that the main problem is the egg quality. Also, have a high prolactin level. I am taking Dostinex for that. My doctor prescribed me to take Janine (oral contraceptive pill, consisting of Progestin 2 mg and Ethinylestradiol 0.03 mg) for two months. I have also heard about the combination of supplements Myoinositol, Curcumin, Folate, Resveratrol, and Melatonin. Would taking an oral contraceptive pill with Myoinositol bundle simultaneously not contradict each other as contraceptive pill works to suppress the ovulation and Myoinositol on the other hand works to improve the egg quality?

Do you have a question on Oral Contraceptive Pill or Ovulation?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., DGO., DNB- OBG., MNAMS
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

That is a good question. Let me assure you that, only oral contraceptive pills, taken continuously, to avoid periods will help you. As the occurrence of periods will add on to the blood collection into the space around the uterus and increase the endometriosis. It is not the function of stopping the ovulation which it is used for.

Myoinositol, on the other hand, reduces the insulin resistance and improves the chances of future ovulation. I do not see any use of having this in your case. It will only be a placebo. All you need is to have serum FSH (follicular stimulating hormone) and AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) on day 3 or 4 of periods. This will predict the number of eggs that you have. Depending on that you can go ahead with a different protocol for IVF stimulation (in-vitro fertilization).

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Also Read Answers From: Oral Contraceptive Pill Ovulation Myo-inositol

Is it possible to have ovulation and period symptoms when on Depot?
Query: Hello doctor, My period started 12th of last month. I reviewed the Depo shot two days later. I had unprotected sex nine days later. He ejaculated in me several times. I thought I would be protected but I am also having symptoms of ovulation like high (hard) cervix with a sharp pain in my ovary, the...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depot injection does not offer immediate protection and it is advised to maintain abstinence for at least three weeks post-injection before the hormonal balance is readjusted for the cycle. Also, intermenstrual bleeding in form of dark brown blood is a common side ef...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?
Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP) is absolutely safe for her. It does not cause cancer (low dose COCP). Just check the content of COCP which she is taking. If dose of Estrogen (Ethinyl estradiol) is 20 or 30 mcg, she can safely continue the medicine. In fact, COCP...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now