Q. What are my options to bring my lower jaw forward after orthodontic treatment. Please suggest what can I do.

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

I had braces where my upper premolars were removed to bring my upper teeth backwards. My lower jaw still reclines way too much when I bite. I have aligned teeth but still want my lower jaw to be brought forward. Doing so, will it cause my teeth to collide, what are my options?

#

The MARA appliance (Mandibular Anterior Repositioning appliance) or the orthognathic surgery may be needed depending on your bite for repositioning of your lower teeth to upper jaw alignment. Most of the time, orthodontic treatment is not sufficient alone. You will need the surgeon's opinion in your case so I can explore in detail the treatment plan because, as you said, it should not be an end-to-end bite. There are also other options only for repositioning the teeth as you have shared (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). I can explain it to you in detail if you follow up regarding the history of your dental treatment. Regards.

|