Q. How to plan the treatment for ear pain?

Dr. A K Srivastava

I am a 22 year old female, suffering from ear pain. The doctor confirmed that it is due to some virus and there is a small hole in my ear. Some tablets and Otobiotic drops were given. Still, it did not cure my pain. Please help.

#

Welcome in icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

You are probably suffering from CSOM (chronic suppurative otitis media) with otitis externa.

My advice is to consult your ENT doctor for thorough examination of the ear and necessary investigations to know the real pathology for planing final treatment of eardrum perforation.

For your ear pain due to secondary infection, I suggest the following.

1. Anti-inflammatory drops.
  2. Antibiotic preferably broad spectrum.
  3. Ear drop having antifungal, antibiotic, analgesics and steroids.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

|