Q. How to plan the treatment for ear pain?

Dr. A K Srivastava

I am a 22 year old female, suffering from ear pain. The doctor confirmed that it is due to some virus and there is a small hole in my ear. Some tablets and Otobiotic drops were given. Still, it did not cure my pain. Please help.

#

Welcome in icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

You are probably suffering from CSOM (chronic suppurative otitis media) with otitis externa.

My advice is to consult your ENT doctor for thorough examination of the ear and necessary investigations to know the real pathology for planing final treatment of eardrum perforation.

For your ear pain due to secondary infection, I suggest the following.

1. Anti-inflammatory drops.
  2. Antibiotic preferably broad spectrum.
  3. Ear drop having antifungal, antibiotic, analgesics and steroids.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

| 

Why the ear pain increased after using prescribed ear drops?

Query: Hello doctor,A few months back, I had ear pain and according to the doctor, I had a fungal infection and got my ear cleansed and prescribed some drops for my ear to be used. As I used those ear drops my ear pain got increased and it turned into a very severe pain that I start feeling that some fluid...  Read Full »

How can the ringing in my ears be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had ringing in my ears for two or three months. My doctor said it was an ear infection in both ears. I had two courses of Augmentin, but it did not improve. I had to change my doctor for some reason. The new doctor gave me Soframycin ear drops but when I went back to her for fo...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»