Q. How to calculate my ovulation period as I have irregular periods and trying to conceive?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Dec 20, 2018

I had periods on 30th of last month. I do not really know when my ovulation is because I have irregular menses and I am trying to conceive.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is a really short description of your query. In an irregular cycle, it seems around 30 to 35 days better to have sex on alternate days on expected days of ovulation. It is better to have combined oral contraceptive pills for three months to regulate your cycle and then try. Have a balanced diet and BMI with exercise daily. Lots of fruits and vegetables and try to have complete check and treatment of any health issue you and husband have. Have recreational activities and avoid recreational drugs you and husband both. If the cycle is of regular 28 days, then the fertile period is from day 9 to day 13 to have a continuous sex but in an irregular prolonged cycle, have sex on alternate days on suspected ovulatory days like from day 9 to day 20 of your cycle roughly on alternate nights. Have Folic acid.

Cocp for three months if can wait otherwise have sex on alternate nights as advised.

Normal weight and BMI, Folic acid, exercise daily, diet.

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain anxiety work pressure change of place change in climate low blood count thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please...  Read Full

Are irregular periods and the feeling of incomplete bowel emptying related?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the past 3 months, my periods have become irregular. It was regular throughout my life. I faced spotting between periods and had been detected with a submucosal fibroid of 2 cm. For the past 3 months, I feel in the morning after passing bowels, that my bowel has not cleared. This f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Viral Dineshchandra Vyas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that your periods are irregular and you have a feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel. This type of combination is seen in hypothyroidism. So you need to check your thyroid function after consulting a physician. These two problems can also be totally unr...  Read Full

There is no ovulation in spite of raising the dosage of Clomid. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Clomid since early this year. I started with 50 mg and there was no ovulation. So, then I took 100 mg and again no ovulation. Now, I am on 150 mg and according to the OPK, I ovulated on the 17th. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel different. I have a pulling pain ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? As you mentioned, it is too early to diagnose pregnancy even in the blood. Had you ovulated on the 17th as you say, it would have reached the tube on that day. Let us say, the sperm too had reached at the same time and formed an embryo, it would stay...  Read Full