Q. I have irregular periods and spotting for the last three months. Is something wrong with my uterus?

Dr. Ridhi Narang
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 09, 2021

I got my normal periods three months back. After that, I started to do a 14 day ABS workout challenge. After starting it, I have missed my periods. I experienced some spotting for the first time for 12 days. I got my periods before two months and I did not have periods last month. I am still waiting to get my periods. I am scared whether there is something wrong with my ovaries or uterus.

#

There are some possibilities. Sometimes, it takes time to get your periods normally and regularly. It mainly depends on the hormonal changes and the rhythm of the cycle. Do not be panic. You can wait for some more time. You can have PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) and you can confirm it by doing a few tests and ultrasound. Please mention whether you are sexually active. Please mention whether you have a chance to be pregnant. You can rule out pregnancy by doing a urine pregnancy test. If it is negative, you can take a tablet Regesterone 5 mg three times a day and you will get your periods within a week.

Start doing your workouts. It helps to regularize your cycles. You need to lose some weight. You can change your diet and take more healthy foods. Avoid taking fried foods. If it does not settle down, then you can start taking low-dose hormonal pills to regularise your cycles. You need to do few tests. You need to do USG (ultrasound) pelvis, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), and LH (luteinizing hormone) on the second or third day of your periods. Have a follow-up with your reports.

|