Q. As my ovulation is positive, when should I have intercourse?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I had a positive urine ovulation predictor kit test before four days. I visited the clinic for a follicular scan on that day, and I believe there was a rupture of the follicle. I want to know if I have fertile days left after follicle ruptures or there is no chance? We did not have intercourse before follicle rupturing.

Do you have a question on Fertile Period or Ovulation Kit?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

MBBS., MS OBG
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Follicle rupture is the right time for planned intercourse. So please go ahead and plan for pregnancy. However, if you have a doubt, then get back to me. Take care

If the follicle has ruptured before four days when should we have our intercourse?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

MBBS., MS OBG
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

You can try from then, every alternate day for a week.

Does Femilon affect fertility?
Query: Hi doctor,I had been on Femilon for over a year now. I left taking Femilon in the last week of last month and now I wish to conceive. How much time would it take to be normal for getting pregnant? Is there any other set of medicines that I take in order to become fertile again?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Femilon is a low dose oral contraceptive pill and is fairly safe. It does not affect fertility. If you have left the pack in the last week of last month, then you should get a withdrawal bleed in the next 5-7 days. The next cycle which shall so start is likely to be fe...  Read Full »

Is it common to have sexual thoughts during fertile period?
Query: Hi doctor, Is it common to have intrusive and persistent thoughts about potential sexual or romantic partners during the fertile period of the menstrual cycle? It happens to me every month and always about men I know and see constantly. It is like my hormones have suddenly taken control of my though...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hormonal surge during ovulation period results in increased excitability, and this is the possible reason you have thoughts about potential sexual partners. To some extent these thoughts are normal. But, if these intrusive thoughts are resulting in the disturbance in ...  Read Full »

We had protected sex during her periods. Is there still a chance of pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I had protected sex yesterday, on the second day of her periods. She took Unwanted 72 today morning. Please let me know if there are any chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The fertile period for women most often occurs during the middle of the cycle and not during the periods. As she was menstruating, the chances of pregnancy are near to nil, even if you had unprotected sex.Since you have already used two methods, a condom, and an emergen...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now