Q. Is it normal to have breast pain during pregnancy?

Dr. Sweta Singh

I am 25 years old. I am three months pregnant. I am having breast pain, for which my doctor prescribed Pregcert 200 SR and Duphaston 10 mg. Is it necessary to take this? Is not breast pain normal during the first trimester of pregnancy?

#

• Well, breast pain is quite normal in the first trimester. If u do not want to take too many medications, talk to your doctor about stopping these.
  • What will help you is a support brassiere. Get one with a good fit and observe how you feel. It should neither be too tight nor too loose.
  • For the first trimester, if you have conceived on your own and the ultrasound is normal, then all you need is Folic acid 5 mg. However, your doctor will prescribe it based on your previous history if any.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|