Q. I experience pain in the butt crack, which aggravates on sitting. Please help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

For over a week now, I have been feeling pain right near my bum crack area. It is not a pile or hemorrhoid. The pain is right in between the bum crack. It tends to hurt when I sit sometimes and is painful to sit right down on my bottom as the pain is located there. I wonder what it is and what can be done for it to get better. I tried to research online and thought it could be coccydynia. Is it from bad posture? What is the cause? How can it get better? How long will it take? It can be quite sharp and painful to sit a lot of the time, and hurts if I squeeze my bottom cheeks together. Also, soemtimes it hurts when standing and walking too. I am 24 years old and weigh 60 kg.

#

Welcome to iclinic.com.

I can understand your concern. It can be due to weight, so most of the time, it gets better along with exercise and medications. Another common reason for such pain is due to calcium deficiency, which can be treated accordingly.

Bad posture can lead to pain but not at the tip of the spinal cord. Bad posture usually leads to pain in the lower back or neck. Nothing to worry about. It will be fine in a few weeks, so do pelvic exercise, and please take tablet Diclofenac 75 mg twice a day after meal five days, tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before meal for five days.

Please let me know after five days. If it does not improve, we will go for further investigation (calcium levels and x-ray of the coccyx) and treatment.

Since when do you have this pain? Did you recently gain weight? Are you taking any medicine currently? Do you do exercise daily?

Weight gain.

X-ray of coccyx region.

Coccydynia.

Pain in coccyx region.

Tablet Diclofenac 75 mg BD and Pantoprazole 40 mg OD.

|