Q. How can someone overcome the pain and erection problem in the penis after intercourse?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2022 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2022

I have not been in intercourse since that incident. My penis was not erecting properly, and it had very low pain also. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

If the pain is in erect condition only, you might have an injured penis; if it is curved, you will need to do an ultrasound test. Otherwise, give the penis rest for a few days, and it will heal. Your erection problem can be due to lifestyle factors like alcohol, smoking, or being overweight. It may also be due to any significant illness or some medicines. Often it can be due to stress, anxiety, or blood abnormalities for which you need to do blood tests Hb (hemoglobin), TC (total count), DC (differential count), fasting sugar, prolactin, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), and testosterone. Walking half an hour daily will help. At your age, it is usually due to anxiety, so relax and be involved in games or social activities. You can take vitamin C 500 daily, vitamin D once a month, and Folic acid 5 mg daily.

I hope you find it helpful.

Kind regards.

Can you please clear that it is not a severe issue for my sexual health?

#

It is not a severe issue, it is due to anxiety, so you have to relax and involve in social activities. If you are too worried, check your blood sugar, PP (pancreatic polypeptide), TSH, and testosterone. But primarily due to anxiety which is a temporary phenomenon.

I hope you find it helpful.

Kind regards.

Thank you for the reply.

How many days will it take to get rid of the pain? When will my penis be erect normally? I also have a low continuous pain.

#

I understand your concern.

You have to do blood tests. If the reports are normal, then it is due to anxiety. Now it is up to you how fast you overcome your anxiety. First, try to be involved in social activities. If that does not work, then you may need anxiety medication. But first, try to participate in social activities, physical exercises, and sports.

Thank you for the reply.

Now the pain has been reduced. I have been experiencing cloudy urine and smell from pee. I have taken Azithromycin 500 mg. Should I continue with antibiotics? Could you suggest a good antibiotic?

#

I understand your concern.

If your urine is smelly, then you might have an infection. You need to do a urine culture and sensitivity test depending on the report appropriate antibiotic is suggested. For example, if you have taken five days of Azithromycin, you need not take more. Do the urine test. Since you have already taken a further antibiotic, antibiotics can only be suggested after a urine culture and sensitivity test.

|