I am dealing with extreme thigh pain. What to do?

Q. What could cause left thigh pain that extends to the knee?

Dr. Sumit Chawla

I have been experiencing severe pain in my left thigh for the past week. Initially, I thought it might be related to my hip, but now the pain extends from my hip down to my knee. It is a deep, aching discomfort. Interestingly, when I sit in a perfectly still position, the pain gradually subsides.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern.

Pain extending from the hip to the thigh can have various causes, such as spine-related issues leading to neurological discomfort or hip pain referring to pain in the knee joint. To determine the most appropriate course of action, a clinical examination is necessary, along with some additional information. To assist in the evaluation, could you please provide more details:

1. Are there specific factors that worsen or alleviate the pain?

2. Do you experience any lower back pain, tingling, or numbness in the leg as well?

3. Can you squat or sit cross-legged on the floor without difficulty?

4. Is the pain most severe in the morning after waking up or in the evening?

5. Do you have a noticeable limp due to the pain?

Looking forward to your response in order to help you.

|