Q. I am experiencing pain while urinating but all tests are normal. What could be the reason?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 08, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am 21 years old. For the past two months, I have been experiencing pain while urinating and I also have pain when my bladder is full. I had taken a urine test and the test said I had an infection for which I was given antibiotics. The pain has come down, but a mild pain is still persistent. I took a urine culture test later. The report said there were no bacteria. Then, I had an abdomen and pelvis scan done. The report was normal. But still,I am experiencing pain. Please help.

#

Usual causes of such symptoms include urinary tract infection (UTI) or urinary stones (renal stones).

When routine tests turn out to be normal, a frequency volume diary may be made. Next would be a urine flow test and a sonography for residual urine volume. If these are normal and pain persists, cystoscopy can be performed in office settings.

When no organic cause is found, it can be labeled as bladder pain syndrome (BPS). There are certain diet and behavioral changes to be made and some medications which will help cure BPS.

Consult a urologist online with the reports of the above-mentioned tests --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|