Q. According to my report, what should be my paleo diet?

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Published on Nov 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 22, 2019

I am a 41 year old male. I am a non-vegetarian and intend to take paleo diet. For the last 20 years, I have been having IBS symptoms, sinus, ringing in ears, extreme anxiety, depression, respiratory allergy to dust and smell, muscle tension around nose and rectum, bad breath, stomach getting too full on eating, smelly outer ear, etc. Before 15 years, I had seizure once. 5 years before, I was diagnosed as having NASH, GERD, Lax LES and high cholesterol. I am ex-smoker, quitted 6 years ago. The treatment so far has been unsuccessful and I am currently on no medication. I had health check up a few days before and attached the report here. Please advise on the following. What should be my paleo diet? Does the report provide any clue to the symptoms I have experienced so far? I can see positivity for anti-CCP in my report. Do I have any serious medical condition?

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I have gone through your query with diligence (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would like you to know that I am here to help you. Welcome to low carbohydrate high fat lifestyle.

From your report, you have the following problems:

1. Elevated anti-CCP (Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide).
  2. Low Apo A1 (apolipoprotein A1) and low folic acid.
  3. High total cholesterol, low HDL (high-density lipoprotein) and high LDL (low-density lipoprotein).
  4. Elevated TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).
  5. Low Vitamin D.

I would suggest the following treatment for you. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

1. Capsule Vitamin D 60000 IU every Sunday morning after food for 12 weeks.
  2. Tablet Atorvastatin 20 mg two times a day after food for a month.
  3. Tablet Quogress (Omega fatty acid) two times a day after food for a month.
  4. Tablet Biohomin (Methylcobalamin) two times a day after food for a month.

Your paleo diet should be as follows:

• Morning up to 100 almonds, afternoon 6 eggs, evening 500 g vegetables (except potato) and greens and night up to 500 g of chicken or mutton or fish, etc.
  • In addition, you can take pistachio, walnut, butter, ghee, cheese, cottage cheese, mushroom, unripe guava, lemon, gooseberry, butter fruit and coconut.
  • You must not take sugar, honey, jaggery, palm sugar, rice, wheat, maida, millets, oats and corn.
  • You have to repeat the tests after 30 days of this diet and modify the diet as per the reports.
  • Yes, the report provides some clue to the symptoms you have experienced. Regarding anti-CCP, we can see the values in the repeat test and decide further.

For further information consult a paleo diet specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist/paleo-diet

My husband had Losar Beta H twice by mistake. Will it cause any side effect?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband used to have Losar Beta H for his BP in the morning and Storvas 10 mg at night. But, mistakenly, he had Losar Beta H again at night. Will it cause any side effect? Should he have Storvas now?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. He can have Storvas (Atorvastatin) now. But, he should not repeat this mistake again. Ask him to take Losar Beta H (combination of Losartan, Atenolol and Hydrochlorothiazide) at a specific time in a day keeping it in a separate pill box. Just a single extra ...  Read Full

What diet can be followed to help lower cholesterol?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a high borderline cholesterol. Can you suggest me a diet chart? I have attached reports herewith.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vishal Wadi
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your weight is on the higher side that is one of the reasons for high cholesterol. Here are a few nutritional tips: Stop consuming packed and processed foods like bakery and co...  Read Full

Can vitamin B12 deficiency result in unbalancing while walking?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I had the problem of unbalancing while walking. I never felt any dizziness or spinning of head. I just had a feeling that I will fall down. I consulted a doctor and he told me that it was due to vitamin B12 deficiency and also prescribed me few shots of Vitcofol. Initial...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your problem in detail and have not found anything abnormal in your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am not aware what were your values before you started taking these medicine. Have you had any fall? Are you suffering from a...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now