Q. Please let me know, is there any health issue in my routine health checkup.

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Jan 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 25, 2019

I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports for your reference. Please check them and guide me accordingly. Thank you.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and came across a few significant values.

Elevated uric acid can increase the risk of kidney stones and joint pains. I would suggest you have plenty of water and avoid having non-vegetarian. Your blood cholesterol is not under control, and increased levels of hsCRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) indicates the risk of heart attack and stroke. Maintain your blood cholesterol in the normal range.

Elevated LDH (lactate dehydrogenase) can be observed in many conditions. Liver injury is one of them. Your reports show that in the past you have taken ayurveda treatment for elevated levels of SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) or AST (aspartate aminotransferase) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) or ALT (alanine aminotransferase). Hence, the rise of LDH is due to mild persisting liver injury.

Low exposure to sunlight has led to low vitamin D. I would recommend you to start taking vitamin D supplements such as Cholecalciferol 60000 units weekly once for eight weeks and try to increase your exposure to sunlight.

| 

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will follow your advice.

Dr. Divakara P

From my reports are there any preventive measures I should take for diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40-year-old male. I am a vegetarian. I pursue an active lifestyle. I do not smoke or drink. I am a long distance endurance marathon runner. I also strength train three days a week and run two days a week. I got my sugar test, thyroid profile and vitamin D levels checked yesterday...  Read Full »

What vitamin deficiency causes muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »