Q. I get palpitations often. Should I take Disprin for prophylaxis?

Dr. Sanjib Kumar Sahu

I am a 62 year old female. I get palpitations quite often. My blood pressure remains 130/90 with Telma 20 mg and Nebicard 2.5 mg. Also, some friends told me to take Disprin 2.8 mg for prophylaxis. Please advise if I need to take Dispirin or anything else.

#

Your blood pressure is fairly controlled.

Continue both the medicines.

Please do an ECG when you are getting palpitations.

Take Calcium and Vitamin D3 tablets and Meconeuron OD (Methylcobalamin) once a day for three months. Get serum vitamin D3 and serum vitamin B12 tests if it is not done.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|