Q. Suffering from floating stool and stomach pain. How can I help myself to get better?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a diabetic patient (type 1) for the past 12 years. I have never suffered from floating stool for such a prolonged time. I am suffering from this problem for the past six months. I am suffering from excessive gas and frequently get stomach aches. Can you please let me know the problem? How can I help myself to get better? I am just trying natural remedies at home like garlic, ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar, etc.

#

I can understand your concern for your symptoms.

• Floating stool is suggestive of abnormal digestion and absorption of fat from the diet which leads to an excess amount of fat in the stool.
  • Stomach ache and gas are suggestive of indigestion due to lack of intestinal digestive enzyme supplementation.
  • Your history of type 1 diabetes along with these symptoms are suggestive of an inadequate amount of pancreatic juice (exogenous enzymes) for digestion.

Autoimmune pancreatitis.

CT scan abdomen with contrast, lipase, amylase and upper GI endoscopy (to rule out gastritis).

Severe gastritis.

Autoimmune pancreatitis.

Continue treatment for diabetes, pancreatic digestive enzyme supplementation, and treatment for acidity.

Avoid oily and spicy food. Take fat-free and high protein diet.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|