Q. What is the reason for frequent stomach pain?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2020

For the last five to six days, I am having frequent stomach pains.  I am a vegetarian and have been in the new place for the last two months.  I have been taking only fruits and salads here. This usually happens when I eat something other than fruits and vegetables and is accompanied by bowel movements. I think this mainly happens when I eat mild spicy food. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I have started taking Nexium from yesterday. Please help.

#

• Maybe you have changed your diet style since you moved into the new place or a transitory gastric and intestinal disorder due to possible viral infection may have occurred. Anyway, that is not an issue to be that worried.
  • I would suggest an antacid such as Nexium (Esomeprazole) that you have already taken and Enterogermina (probiotic) to improve your gut function. Please continue Nexium for two weeks and Enterogermina for five days.
  • Avoid alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods and high fat foods. Vegetables, fruits and liquid diet would improve your gastrointestinal function.

Revert back after five days to a general medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Related Video

I am having indigestion, incomplete stool evacuation and abdomen swelling. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old male and unmarried. For the last two months, I feel some gastric problems which include incomplete evacuation of stool at morning properly, abdomen swelling, numbness in feet, low energy in legs, low hunger, food not digested properly, slight pain in right side under...  Read Full »

Natural Sources and Health Benefits of Probiotics

Article Overview: This article explains about probiotics, their health benefits, and natural sources of probiotics. Read Article

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Probiotics are naturally occurring bacteria in our gut. The word 'Probiotic' is derived from a Latin word 'Pro’ meaning ‘Promoting’ and the Greek word 'Biotic' which means 'Life.' Probiotics are live microorganisms in the gut that have several health benefits. Many kinds of ba...  Read Article

Please suggest treatment for antral erosions.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from stomach issues from last one year. As per endoscopy report, I am suffering from antral erosions (scattered red erosions). It is resulting in a loss of appetite, stomach fullness, gastric troubles and incomplete evacuation. Kindly advice a proper medical treatment to ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»