Q. What is the reason for frequent stomach pain?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2020

For the last five to six days, I am having frequent stomach pains.  I am a vegetarian and have been in the new place for the last two months.  I have been taking only fruits and salads here. This usually happens when I eat something other than fruits and vegetables and is accompanied by bowel movements. I think this mainly happens when I eat mild spicy food. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I have started taking Nexium from yesterday. Please help.

Dr. Eriol Braholli

General Medicine General Surgery Internal Medicine
#

• Maybe you have changed your diet style since you moved into the new place or a transitory gastric and intestinal disorder due to possible viral infection may have occurred. Anyway, that is not an issue to be that worried.
  • I would suggest an antacid such as Nexium (Esomeprazole) that you have already taken and Enterogermina (probiotic) to improve your gut function. Please continue Nexium for two weeks and Enterogermina for five days.
  • Avoid alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods and high fat foods. Vegetables, fruits and liquid diet would improve your gastrointestinal function.

Revert back after five days to a general medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|