Q. Should I worry about the skin colored papules on my son's nose?

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2020

My 2.8 year old son has got two tiny skin color papules on the dorsum of the nose. It will not attract one's attention on a casual look. He has the same for more than a month I guess. First, I thought it might be due to sweat. Because, it looks like sweat dots over the nose. It is not itchy and there is no redness or dark circle around. It is not a fluid-filled one. There is no other rash or papule anywhere in his body. He started his Montessori a few months back. In the last three months, he got severe cold, cough and fever thrice. Now, he is normal. I am currently giving him Zincovit and Calcium supplement daily. Please suggest me some advice.

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• The symptoms and the skin lesion do not seem to be serious. This might be due to some viral infection also.
  • Check for any similar skin lesions anywhere else on the body and with other family members.
  • I suggest you consult a dermatologist if the lesions increase in size or number or any associated symptoms like fever or itching in the future.

Revert back with photos to a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|