Q. I have itching, rashes and burning sensation in my groin area. Please help.

Dr. Siva Subramanian
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

I am a 36-year-old male. I am having an issue in my groin area. My symptoms are itching, rashes, and burning sensation on inner thighs. I used Itch guard. Please suggest.

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatology Venereology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I have read your query. In my opinion, you are suffering from Tinea cruris, which is a fungal infection of the skin. I advise you to keep the area dry because moisture can aggravate the fungal infection. You can apply Luliconazole cream twice daily on the lesion, and also on the normal skin of around 2 cm around the lesion for three weeks. After applying the cream, you should apply Clotrimazole dusting powder for three weeks. This powder helps in absorbing the moisture and reducing the friction of the area.

You also take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg one tablet after dinner for ten days. This is for the management of itching. You can continue it beyond ten days if you have severe itching.

Fungal infection

Tinea cruris.

Topical antifungal cream and dusting powder along with oral antihistamines.

Please avoid tight fitting clothes.
Avoid applying over the counter creams. These creams may contain steroid which can damage the skin.
Also, completely dry the inner wear before wearing.

Follow up after three weeks.

|