Q. What should I do if I have taken seven 500mg crocin(paracetamol) tablets together?

Dr. Ignatius Soon
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

What should I do if I have taken seven 500 mg crocin tablets together?

#

If you indeed took 7 x 500mg crocin tablets which on the GSK website are paracetamol tablets, your total dose is 7X500mg = 3500mg of Paracetamol. The answer would depend on how heavy you are. Most of the time, the toxic dose is 200mg per kilogram. For example, if you are 70kg, the toxic dose or dangerous dose is 200X70=14000mg. So if you indeed only took 3500mg paracetamol and your calculated dose is less than the toxic dose, then it should not be a problem.

However, if you have liver problems or have taken an overdose of paracetamol before, or you took paracetamol recently as well in other forms/shapes/sizes or you take other medications then this is not the case and answer. Also, if you developed pain on your stomach on the right, started vomiting, or feel unwell then you should see your doctor.

If you are still worried, you should see your doctor or go to the emergency department with your tablets or tablet boxes so that the doctors know what you have been taking. Overdoses of Paracetamol are dangerous and can cause death if taken over the recommended doses.Ultimately, you should not take so much paracetamol so often and in large amounts. An adult can only take a maximum of 1g of paracetamol every 6 hours.

|