Q. My penile skin moved back and I could not retract back. Why?

Dr. Raja Ramesh
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2021

I had sexual contact with my wife recently. Although there was no actual penetration, it was like a trial. My penis foreskin got removed during the process. After two days, there was a bulge beneath the head of the penis with swelling and pain. I am unable to pull the skin back to the original position due to the bulge. I am forced to wear loose trousers as the bulge causes pain when it rubs with the cloth. Now, the bulge is not subsiding even after three days. Kindly suggest me the possible issue and solution.

#

I saw your photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• If untreated, then it can cause even necrosis (death of tissue) as it constrains blood flow to the penile head. Please visit a urologist or surgeon immediately.
  • After reduction of paraphimosis, it is advised to undergo circumcision (removal of the foreskin) to avoid recurrence.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|