Q. Can I use steroid creams for phimosis?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Published on Jul 23, 2017

I think I have phimosis. In a flaccid condition, I can retract my foreskin to a certain level. But when erect, the foreskin goes down only a few centimeters, and only one fourth of the glans is visible. Is it possible to enjoy painless sex without any treatment?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• Circumcision has a lot of advantages. So, I will recommend circumcision.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

If I go for circumcision, what is the cost? How long will the pain and discomfort last? How much rest is required usually?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• The cost will not be much, and it depends on the hospital you choose. It is a day-care surgery. You can resume work next day, and no rest is required.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

What are the other alternatives? I have heard about steroid creams, do they work? If so, can you suggest some creams and its application techniques?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• Treatment is circumcision. Steroid creams are just a temporary solution, and it does not work most of the times. So, do not think about all these things.

| 

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »

Can I have sex with phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »