Q. Can I use steroid creams for phimosis?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

I think I have phimosis. In a flaccid condition, I can retract my foreskin to a certain level. But when erect, the foreskin goes down only a few centimeters, and only one fourth of the glans is visible. Is it possible to enjoy painless sex without any treatment?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• Circumcision has a lot of advantages. So, I will recommend circumcision.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

If I go for circumcision, what is the cost? How long will the pain and discomfort last? How much rest is required usually?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• The cost will not be much, and it depends on the hospital you choose. It is a day-care surgery. You can resume work next day, and no rest is required.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

What are the other alternatives? I have heard about steroid creams, do they work? If so, can you suggest some creams and its application techniques?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• Treatment is circumcision. Steroid creams are just a temporary solution, and it does not work most of the times. So, do not think about all these things.

|