Q. Is it compulsory that the foreskin has to retract during sex?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 13, 2019

I got married three months back. And since then, I am not able to have sex with my wife. I am not able to retract my foreskin when erect, and the head of the penis is not visible. I can only retract it less than 1 cm. The foreskin on the penis is very soft, and I cannot roll it back. When I try to penetrate, it pains and my erection is not very strong to penetrate. I tried taking tablets for improving my erection, but it has not helped. My erection is better now, but I am not able to penetrate. Please help me. Is it compulsory that the foreskin has to retract during sex? Please help me as soon as possible

#

• If you are not able to retract the foreskin over the tip of the penis, then most likely the skin is tight and it is due to phimosis. Though to make a diagnosis, evaluation is needed. This is a surgical condition, but it can be treated easily. Circumcision is the treatment of choice for phimosis and this is a minor surgery. You can talk to a surgeon for treatment.
  • Since you are getting good erections, but you are not able to penetrate because of pain and the skin gets folded there, it also points towards phimosis. The retraction of the foreskin is not compulsory for sexual intercourse or pleasure. But tight foreskin results in pain and sometimes this could lead to an emergency like situation paraphimosis. So, better get this corrected.

Thanks.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thanks for your advice. Can this be fixed with medicines or is surgery necessary? I do not want my parents to know.

#

• A surgical evaluation is needed for making a diagnosis. Medicines do not play a role in this. You can try to manipulate this by yourself. Slowly try to retract the foreskin in erected penis daily for some days and this should help. But best is to discuss with a surgeon for help.

Thanks.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|