Q. Is it compulsory that the foreskin has to retract during sex?

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Phimosis or Circumcision Of Penis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is it compulsory that the foreskin has to retract during sex?

I got married three months back. And since then, I am not able to have sex with my wife. I am not able to retract my foreskin when erect, and the head of the penis is not visible. I can only retract it less than 1 cm. The foreskin on the penis is very soft, and I cannot roll it back. When I try to penetrate, it pains and my erection is not very strong to penetrate. I tried taking tablets for improving my erection, but it has not helped. My erection is better now, but I am not able to penetrate. Please help me. Is it compulsory that the foreskin has to retract during sex? Please help me as soon as possible