Q. Do I have parasites in my feces?

Dr. Singh Smrita
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2022

Do I have parasites in my feces? Please check the attached report. The small black pieces are cigarette ashes. Many thanks for your opinion and your advice.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

You have quite a heavy parasitic infestation.

From the picture, it looks like Ascaris or hookworm. It is difficult to identify since it is not clear.

I would advise you to consult a doctor locally and take appropriate medications since the medication differs for different parasites. Please do not delay.

Other precautions to take are proper footwear, proper handwashing, and eating food and drinking water only from clean, hygienic places.

Albendazole for three days two times 400 mg should be sufficient?

#

I suggest you take Albendazole 400 mg one dose orally. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

You can take a second dose after 15 days.

It seems I have parasites in my feces again. Please check the picture and advise.

#

Yes, those look like roundworms (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

Please take Albendazole 400 mg tablet. Chew the tablet. Do not swallow it whole.

Take another tablet of Albendazole after two weeks.

Please do not remain barefoot at any time and always wash your hands, especially below the fingernails before consuming any food.

|