Q. I get red eyes, headache, and chest pain because of cigarette smoke. Please advice.

Actually, I am afraid of the high sensitiveness of my nose. My head hurts, eyes become red, have difficulty in breathing, pain in the chest. All these problems I get because of only cigarette smoke. I get a problem if anyone smokes at 5 to 10 m distance. So, please give me good advice. I have this problem for five years. I am 22 years old and height is 5.6 feet.

Hematology Pathology
#

Do not neglect this condition. Smoking can lead to a hazardous effect on respiratory as well as the cardiac system like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), emphysema, chronic bronchitis, ischemic heart disease, etc. So the following work-up has to be done:

1. Auscultation, for respiratory sound and cardiac heartbeat.
  2. Physical examination.
  3. EKG (electrocardiography).
  4. Chest X-ray.
  5. CBC (complete blood count).
  6. Spirometry, if needed.

According to the cause, specific management is advisable. Consult nearby pulmonologist for examination and further management. You can follow back with reports for further discussion. Take care.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|